Week 75 Loving the work!

Hola mi querida familia :)

This week was soo awesome! Soo many things happened, that strengthened my testimony. 

We started the week off well with a district council where we practised a lot of teaching like the savior taught. trying to ask inspired questions and to really feel the guide of the holy spirit in our lessons. That we can teach people and not only lessons. I am seeing the blessings and the difference when we teach the people and their needs than just give them information... 

Elder C. Is awesome! He's such a stud! and is learning the language super quick. a lot quicker than I ever did. And we are trying our best to only speak in spanish. He already participates in lessons and I am trying to involve him a lot more with everything. He's great and is willing to do the lords work. And he is so humble! he's easy to love and to support! He's a great missionary and will be an even better one. 

This week we had interviews with president Allred, And as usual this was such a great opportunity to receive revelation and to talk with him about everything. I always love interviews and to receive direction and help that I need. President Allred is a lot of things to me, but we really are friends. and I feel his love towards me and the other missionaries and I sustain him.  He understands me and is always looking for ways to help and lift his missionaries. He trusts us a lot, and trusts us to do what is right, and when we fail, he is there to lift us up. I'm very very grateful for him. 

During the week we were able to find 7 new investigators of which accepted us into their home to teach them. Of these 7 I think that Alan has the most short term potential! We were walking and we saw this guy working on his car... well he was putting on roof racks. i thought about you dad and all our roof rack adventures trying to get everything to fit haha
but Alan was just putting a new screw into the place where the screw goes... I don't know what it's called... and I felt kinda weird but I asked him if we could help... haha He kinda looked at the one screw that he had to do, and then back at me like "what are you gonna do with this screw that I can't"  kind of look hahaha but he then said that he was alright, and that we could go... That's when we introduced ourselves and found out that Alan has had a lot of problems his whole life with his family and work, and sickness and death in the family and all sorts of stuff like that... we had about a 45 minute discussion with him about why bad things happen to good people like him and we talked about God's Plan of Salvation for his children, and he wasn't too convinced but said that he would pray to god to ask why these things have happened? and to look for a reason instead of crying out like before and asking why me? He said he never thought about it like that before. He hadn't thought that God had a good reason for taking his grandfather and cousin to the other side, and now he is going to ask of God in prayer. we are going to go by today and talk to him. we also gave him a book of mormon, which he was thrilled to receive and said he would start to read it immediately when we left. That was such a cool experience for me, because when we first got there. he didn't need our help with his car... And I knew that too. but what he needed was spiritual help. and We were able to offer him answers and a solution to his struggles. He was very grateful, and told me that he felt something as we testified of the Book of Mormon, and said "The truth is man I just felt something when you were talking, and I know that what you just told me is true...") 
We are excited to help him get to know his savior even more today when we go to talk to him. 

Another miracle that happened was that our other person that we are teaching named Macarena went to conference!!!!! But we don't know how it went for her, because she left while we were talking to other people... that's my bad... but everyone was soo happy about 12 new temples that they were all going crazy, especially because they announced another one in argentina!!! in Mendoza argentina!! Soo awesome! And another in the Philippines!!!
God is sooooo Good! This really is his work! And this year has been a year of many miracles in the work of the Lord, and we have to keep up with the pace that he is setting for his people!!! I pray that everyone can be open to changing and to follow the council and revelation of our beloved prophet! 

I loved conference! I had many favorite talks, but my top 3 perhaps... 1. Elder Rasband, 2. Elder D. Todd. Cristofferson. 3. Elder David A. Bednar.

Soo many messages, but I know that as we Do all things in Christ, without fear, trusting in his will and power to save. We will help him further his work in the world today, and become truly converted to his gospel. Not only go to the church building every sunday, but to truly become a disciple of Christ. That is my Goal. To give my all to know and believe my Savior Jesus Christ. 
To do as he would have me do, and say the things that he would have me say. to ultimately become who he would have me become. I invite us all to do the same. :) This is a journey of Joy!! it was never meant to be miserable, if we would just choose to repent and accept our Redeemer Jesus Christ. True Joy comes from living the restored gospel of Jesus Christ truly trying our best to know him and apply his sacrifice to our lives ti purify and sanctify our efforts every day. I love my Savior. And know that he is The Christ. I recently read the book of mormon again, and I was able to take the promise of Moroni to practice and I felt the spirit testify to me that it is true. And everytime that I have testified to someone since. I have the spirit soo strong. And I can't deny it come what may. 

I love you all and am happy that you are all doing well and are enduring to the end! Keep doing it, without fear, trusting in the Lord, and we will always be alright. Jesus Christ Overcame the World, we have nothing to fear, not even death. Because he overcame that too. 

I love each one of you and desire the best. 
have a great week!! 

love always, 

XOXOXO

Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans