Week 31 Training first new companion Roldan


Elder Hubbard and his new Companion Elder Fields

Elder Hubbard's District


Wow what a week!!

Thank you for all your letters and updates!! You all sound like you are doing good and better :) Jianna I'm sorry that happened to your ankle... That's never fun, but just think of the positive stuff that comes from getting to rest for a couple of weeks.. haha I always enjoyed a rest every now and then :) 

This week has been something incredible to say the least. I've been so stressed, but I have felt the spirit more than I ever have! I am learning to understand the spirit and the will of god in the mission, and it's amazing the miracles that can happen when we are being exactly obedient and we consecrate ourselves to the lords work and glory. 

I've learned in this past week that we can't be true instruments in the hands of god if we aren't completely consecrated in our work here in the mission. My new companion is amazing really it's incredible :)

His name is Elder Fields from Minnesota and is 18 years old like me, I'm like 6 months older than him... it's the first time haha that I've been older than a comp. It's been an adventure having this opportunity to train a new missionary especially when he's just starting to learn Spanish... I thought about when I first got here and how I couldn't speak anything haha poor guy. But in this first week together he has learned so much in the language, and I have learned so much from his faith and testimony!! It soo cool how much faith he has, and i have learned to repent and re evaluate my faith. he's already ready to be a leader in the mission! The only thing he needs is the language now, and we are working on that a lot!! 

Yesterday we put the goal to invite 2 people to be baptized, and at the end of the day, he had invited every single person that we had a lesson with!! I remembered the movie the best two years and how "Elder Calhoon"  just sparked the fire in the other missionary and they were unstoppable haha that's the way I'm already feeling with Elder Fields!! He's soo innocent, and is so tuned to the spirit. I told him that until he learns the language, he needs to take advantage of this time, and feel the amazing spirit of discernment that comes when one feels love for the people but can't talk to them yet. He's a stud, and I'm soo glad that I get to train him!!! He's helping my testimony grow like a weed haha a really good weed. 

Every missionary told me that training was going to be difficult... but It has been great soo far, and I'm excited to keep going with it! I hope we get to be comps for the whole 12 weeks!! That would be ideal for me!
Mostly because I know how hard it was when my trainer left after 6... and that was hard... But we get along great haha He kinda reminds me alot of ben dow haha 

Being a trainer is super easy compared to being the district leader of 10 missionaries... haha I was super stressed the first district meeting, and I talked way to much, and i think everyone got a little offended, because I was being pretty direct... And I told everyone about the need to be consecrated, and then we will be successful, but until then... We weren't going to be the missionaries that God wants us to be... haha But after the meeting the assistants came up to me and thanked me for the meeting and told me that the spirit was present, so that's good :) 

I just barely finished planning the next meeting and I assigned a lot of the district to share mini talks about some of the training that we received from president Allred!! so that should be received better than just me, preaching... I felt the spirit tell me that I should divide the training and have everyone share something :) 

This weekend we are going to Rosario to participate in a activity for light the world, and there is going to be thousands of people with glowing balloons, and we are going to let them all go at the end of the night, like they do in tangled haha it's going to be sweet!! We are going to do it in a huge park next to the bus station where there is a lot of people!! 

Interesting food story for the week haha I tried the spine of the cow!! It was just like normal meet, and then they brought out the vertebra, and we ate the spinal fluid and cartilage haha with bread, like a sandwich... It was a little weird, but it still tasted alright and we didn't get sick so I guessed it was okay to eat haha I can just see mom's face cringe haha Mom you and Janae and Jianna couldn't eat here... unfortunately! I wasn't even sure if I could've when I first got here but now it's all normal!! I'm really taking Jared's advice about Paul. When he was in Rome he became a roman. And I am becoming a Rosario Argentina :) :) :) My poor comp, didn't know what we were eating on the sandwich until after the appointment when I told him ahah pobrecito... 

But he was super chill about it, and didn't even really say anything about it haha but he still hasn't had to eat brain yet, and so we will see what happens in these next couple weeks haha because we have a few people that want to do an asado with us, which is like their barbecue here. 

We saw miracles together this week, and we are going to see another one saturday morning... I don't know how... or Where... But God knows... 
It hasn't happened yet but at 9 in the morning Saturday it's gonna happen!!! 

I'll tell you guys more about it next week when its happened haha it's hard to explain... but it's something that we do in the missino when the spirit tells us to. It's called a specific prayer. Have any of you guys heard of these or done one in your mission??? Jared, Janae, Dad?? I had never felt the spirit telling me to do one, but yesterday in the night time with one of our investigators we both felt the need to do one with him. It was insane! The spirit I felt, was more than I have ever felt!!, And as we were walking home I felt it until I got into bed I felt it... I don't know how to describe it but It's helped my faith grow tremendously!

I love the mission!!! I have had sooo many experiences that are worth sooo much to me... The Atonement of Jesus Christ Carries me everyday :) 

The church is true, I have no doubt! I was sad to hear about ________... He was honestly the last person that I thought would happen to, but it happens and sometimes the only thing we can do is offer a prayer that one day they will understand what it really means to be a child of God, and to be a apart of the true church. The anti Mormon stuff is complicated and pure evil. It's completely from the devil, and men and woman that have fallen into his hands... They're still children of God, whether they want to be or not. I know that one day we are going to stand in front of god and account for everything that we did here on earth. We need to pray for our celestial family that they can be strong!! We need to pray for our personal family and friends that they will all have the strength to endure, and to keep the commandments!! 
If you see ________ or _________ Tell them that I'll be praying for ____ :) 

I love you guys sooooooooooooooo much!! My love has increased even more even if I'm 14000 KM away :)  in the sense of the gospel We are only a prayer away!! Keep the commandments!! Take the sacrament worthy every sunday!! And READ The Book of Mormon!!!

I love you guys :) God and Jesus Christ our savior love you guys!! 

Have a great week!!! Be safe and be strong!!

Ether 5:12, 12:4 
2 Nefi 31:19-21

Elder Hubbard

XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 53