Week 21 Rosario (The lame could walk)

I had to use my rain coat alot this week so I thought I should grab a pic haha

These are likes donuts, but a million times better!!!! facturas :) 

two of the boys in our ward they are both 10 haha and super funny ( Matias and Yorel)


hola mi querido family, 

It sounds like all is well with all of you and that life is going great!!
Wow the little boys sound crazy in the football haha I wish I could watch them play... but in 2 years haha, or in a year and a half now becvause I recently had my 6 month birthday!!! 6 MÓNTHS... Crazy, ity`s going by fast! :I I don`t know how I feel about it... but it`s not really important the time. the important thing is that there is work to be done in this time. And we are going to go and do it :) 

This past week we was a good one! :) 

We have continued to use only the Book of Mormon when we are contacting, and we are finding the results of this with alot of people that we have talked to in the street and in their houses. 
We contacted a lady named Belen the other day and she was like " woah I`ve never seen that book before... I don`t know about it either... but if you guys want to come back next week you can" haha she was super funny about it... the only day that she could this week was today... which our P-Day... we could see that she had interest, and so we scheduled the appointment, and we taught her today in the morning, that`s why my letter is a little late haha 

We got there and she had a lot of qwuestions for us about the book of Mormon, and Joseph smith and all of it haha We taught the restoration to her in her house, and when we started the lesson she told us that she wasn`t looking for a religion or to commit to anything...

In my mind I said "Yet.." "You don`t want to commit to anything yet!" haha 
We started teaching and answering all her questions. The spirit was super strong, we testified of the truth of the Book and of Jospeh Smith.
she understood really well the doctrine and the importance of someone having the proper authority to perform ordinances, and to preach the word of God. At the end nof the lesson she was asking us a bunch of questions about the church and the clothes that we wear and if we have a pastor and all that haha she also asked us if we donate blood... hahah I don`t know why this is such a big thing here but I guess it is... Because there is a lot of jehovas witnesses here in Argentina haha 

Another experience that was really the highlight of the week for me, was we were contacting in the street and I saw this old man sitting in a chair outside his house. He had a cain, and didn`t look very happy... 

I went up to him and asked him if there was anything we could do for him, and he said that there wasn`t... we started talking about the gospel, I asked him if god was a part of his life and he told me that he was. He told me he had an accident 4 years ago and that he can`t walk on one of his legs anymore with out a cain or walker... I asked him if he had faith in his savior, he told me he`s never doubted Jesus Christ or God. we asked him if he had faith that he could walk again if it was the will of god. 

He said that he did, and that he was a good person who doesn`t do bad things and is a kind and compassionate person. 
He kept telling us that he believe that Jesus Christ could heal him, or make him walk again.

My companion and I looked at one another, and then without talkiong to each other we both said to the man, his name was Diego. We said to Diego " Mediante tu fe en Jesuchristo nuestro Salvador, y el poder k tiene Dios, usted puede caminar ahora si es tu deseo" (Through your faith in Jesus Christ and the power of God, you can walk now if it`s your desire) He looked at us in our eyes, and stood without our help, and without the help of his cain or walker. while he was beginning we told him not to fear, but to do it and to trust in the power of god. He walked 7 steps on his own legs without falling... it was amazing. God is a God of Miracles, I have learned that on my mission, and he is giving me opportunities to re learn this lesson and doctrine. 

We got him back in his chair and set up another day to pass by his house... but My faith was strengthened by this mans faith in his savior. 

In the Book of Mormon it says that the reason that miracles have ceased to exist in the eyes of man, is because of the lack of faith in man. 
I`ve seen many miracles in my life, and there isn`t any miracles small or great that doesn`t come through faith and the power of God.

It was a great week, I hope that the week of you guys was really good too!! :) 

Thank you for your letters :) 

have a great week!! 

Love always 

-Elder Hubbard

XXOO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans