Week 78 lots of pictures!


Elder Hubbard's district...he is the District leader of this group







soccer time






































MVI_2641.MOV of his companion imitating Kermit the Frog!

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the letters and for the update on everything!! everyone sounds pretty busy. Life is so awesome haha 

This week in the mish was espectacular as usual! I'm loving every minute and trying to just give everything. The mish is short, but I love what you said in your letter dad, about being a returning missionary instead of a returned missionary. There's a big difference. 

This week was awesome being able to talk to new people and having them accept our message. We are seeing and have seen the work of the angels of god in the hearts of the people here and are seeing a lot of new opportunities to work and to serve. We are trying to talk to at least 20 new people every day, and even as a missionary it's not super easy having to balance out our efforts, between helping our people progress and also to find new ones. but it's a lesson that I have to learn... to be organized. it's difficult for me, but I know that if I do my best that God will help me complete this goal. 
As a district we are really trying to focus on having new people in the church every sunday to be able to have baptisms, and to invite the maximum number of people to come unto christ everyday. 

yesterday at church we had 1 person show up for sacrament meeting (Macarena) and then in the second hour I was surprised by an investigator for the first time in my mission... haha they usually don't surprise us missionaries... but a family of 5 came to the second hour of primary and gospel principles, and then stayed for priesthood and relief society. The family: Miguel, Sandra. and 3 daughters. Morena, Naiara, Y Ludmila. They loved primary, and miguel loved all of it, but sandra wasn't quite sold about all of it haha she looked kinda resentful that she had to come to church... she told me afterward gospel principles that she felt out of place and that she didn't really understand everything. I helped her understand that it being her first time, that it was normal and that we would help explain everything to her... it didn't help either that the topic of the class for yesterday was temples and family history work... which as a new person is kind of complicated... and then someone started to talk about the endowment... and I almost lost it haha the teacher was talking all about the most difficult stuff, and so I politely stopped her and asked her to explain the more basic stuff because no one for their first time understands what temple work is when we just refer to it as work... I asked her to explain what is the" work" and then it went a little smoother ;) haha but something I have gained a testimony about on the mission is the importance of basic doctrine, and the importance of understanding it first. before anything greater. Even though sandra didn't have a super great time, miguel loved it! he said to us afterward... " I never felt the importance of going to church, or why people even went.." "But now i understand why, it's for the peace and comfort that I feel now" "I'm going to come back" He told us. Super excited to have been surprised by a investigator haha 

We got transfer calls this weekend and guess what!!!!!????? I'm staying in CEntenario!!!!!!!!!
Haha I guess there is still a reason why I'm here... haha after 7.5 months in one area we are going to make it to 9 months!! :) I love this area. And now I just have to really take advantage of the fact that I know the ward so well to be able to work with more members! It really is the key to missionary work. The members. Before the mission I didn't understand, but now. After the mission I will try and be the member that I always wanted during the mission. 
Elder C. Is still here with me too!! We are both excited about this and are excited to keep working towards our objective together. He's grown soo much and will keep growing. He has a strong spirit, and is never negative. I'm learning a lot to control my temperament, and am grateful for his example of humility and meekness. 

This week we played football, and we took a few pictures while playing! I scored a few goals and it felt good to run. We have started to run in the mornings, and are trying to make it a habit... it's hard haha but I always feel better afterward. 

One miracle that happened this week is we were walking and we felt to knock on a house, and a youth came out and I didn't recognize him... but he recognized me... apparently I contacted him my first day here in the area, and couldn't find him after that... the house that we contacted wasn't his, but it was his aunt and uncle's house. We talked a little bit about why we are here and how the gospel helps us in every aspect of our lives. He told us that he wanted to talk. his name is Camilo. When we were talking to him his uncle came by on his motorbike... and didn't look super happy to see us on his gate... haha but he entered with his bike and then said "who are and what are you doing here" haha in spanish of course... and well... it turns out that he is very evangelical... like 2 years since he was baptized but we started talking and when we started he had a frowny face, but when we kept talking and testifying about why we were there and what we were doing, haha his frown turned itself upside down, and he ended up telling us how much he admired what we were doing, and asked us about the Book of Mormon. We shared the story of the restoration briefly and when we finished, he said. "Please come back to my house, I have to keep working right now, But please please come back and we will go into the house and you will teach the whole family" 
I asked him if his pastor evangelical would have a problem with us meeting, and he said. "It doesn't matter what he thinks. I'm interested in knowing your church" It was a testimony to the both of us, that the Spirit really is the most important thing. because it changes and softens hearts daily for the divine designs of a Loving Heavenly Father. 

I love this Gospel, and I love the people of Argentina. I know that I am here in argentina for a reason, and I am eternally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. That suffered bled and died for me. And then was resurrected so that we can too one day. 

This is his work and his Glory. We are participants when we choose to act and reach out to bless another person's life. 

I love each of you :)
Have a super great week! 

XOXOX 

Love always, 

Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 53