week 73 first week of training Elder Christiansen

Hey everyone! 
Happy First week of fall in canada, and here the first of spring! It's been quite warm and it's not even close to summer, and I have sweating so much... it was 35 the other day and they are projecting a very hot summer, because winter was not cold this year... But we will see what happens :) It's my last summer so I'm sure it'll be memorable and very warm... I don't burn here either, but the heat is super exhausting. 
but anyways, 

This past week was awesome, we went to rosario on tuesday to pick up my new comp, and all of his luggage haha when we arrived we were there with all the other missionaries that were going to train and we were like 14 or 15 or so. it was awesome because I saw a lot of my old comps training also like elder Killpack and I was also super excited because I saw elder fields again!! the first missionary that I trained, and now he is training too!! haha they don't really talk like this anymore, but when you train he's your son haha and so I got a son and a grandson the same day haha everyone was pretty impressed when they saw that haha you don't always get to meet you family tree in the mission. 
My Companion's name is Elder Kevin Christiansen and he is a stud! He's from farmington utah! Like the sister Johnson that served in magrath a few years ago, and that we went to their house when we were in utah. He lives in the same part but doesn't know them :) He's the first missionary of his siblings to leave on the mission and is a very humble young man. I'm just loving getting to work with him! He's already talking to people for his own initiative, and speaks very well for only being in the mission a week. When he bore his testimony on sunday I was very proud of him!! All the members came up to him after and welcomed him to the ward and congratulated him on his spanish :) I was glad about that. Our ward here in centenario is the best ward!! Sooo loving! 

This week has been different for me, because it's been a while since I've trained and also since I'd ran a  district meeting... My district is huge on top of all of it haha and there is very little time to write in my journal... I'm about 10 months behind if we are being honest haha but every now and then I try and write down a summary of all I've been doing. But I'm learning a lot about the importance of living the mission in a way that is less uptight. I feel so much better now that I'm with Elder Christiansen. He's helping me alot not be stressed, and to find joy in every moment. I've been thinking alot about a quote from one of my past leaders in the mission that told me. "don't count the days... Make the days count" I've been trying to make each day count, and just be grateful for the opportunity to serve the lord. 
Elder C. Is super brave and he'll just go up to the people and ask them if we can present ourselves and they always say yes to him!!! I love it!!! We are finding more people than ever haha I've missed having a new comp! They have the most faith and I'm trying my best to build him up in every way so that he can use his full potential! We are speaking in as much spanish as possible, and working hard to be obedient with all the rules and commandments! And we are feeling good. Full of the spirit and full of joy. 

We now have four missionaries in the ward and it has been good. The part that was difficult was that they have divided the area into two, and all of my old investigators are on the other part that isn't Elder C's and mine... so that has been kind of challenging but, we are trying super hard to find new people and we are so animated to be here and to keep doing the work of the lord here in pergamino!!! I've also learned the joy of when someone I taught ends up getting baptized when I leave the area... It's such a feeling of joy and peace that isn't describable :)

It's gonna be 9 months at the end of this transfer that I've been in the same city haha it's flown right on by. I told president that if it was god's will that I would be willing to stay in pergamino until christmas haha I guess we'll see what happens. Now That I'm training It's surely a possibility!!

This week we have zone conference and I'm looking forward to it alot and am trying to prepare myself to receive revelation to be able to baptize with Elder C, for his first transfer. I want to help him make his goals and help him be excited about the work. We are seeing miracles and the hand of the lord. We'll keep seeking it!

That's about it for this week... Sorry there isn't any pictures.... the computer in the church doesn't do photos... I'll send some next week of my new comp and I. 

I love you all soo much and would like to encourage you all to keep living up to your full potential as children of heavenly father :) He loves you all, and Jesus Christ is your savior. 
I'm eternally grateful for his atoning sacrifice. 
I love this gospel and it is sooooo true! 
Can't wait for general conference!!!! :)

Have a great week!!!

XOXOX
Love always

-Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans