Week 71 Baptism and An Pescado Asado se llama.

































An "Asado" that we did last p-day. Pescado Asado se llama. (fish BBQ) without barbeque sauce... :)





















French Toast they made

Baptism of Angelina by her father and confirmed by Elder Hubbard











Hola mi familia preferida!! Como están  todos? :) Gracias por sus cartas y oraciones en favor de mi! Las siento todas las días!! me hace feliz al ver su felicidad y progreso!! 

This week has been really good, and I can feel myself growing and changing :)... not just heavier in weight but in testimony, spirit, and joy!! I feel soo happy right now:) This last week had soo many things that made me feel soo much love and joy for everythings and everyone. 

We started off the week finding a new investigator named Octavio he's 18 and has a lot of problems in his life but he told us that he wants to change and so that is why we are here, to grow learn and change. He told us that he has problems with drugs... we see a lot of that here and it's soo hard to see familias involved with it... the situation with argentina right now is really difficult... I don't know if you here things about argentina in canada? but their economy is crashing... when I got here an american dollar was worth 15 pesos, and now it is over 40... inflation is happening bigtime... but the salaries of the people aren't increasing, and so it's affecting all the people here in one way or another. We are seeing families fall apart, and others that are still together but suffering a lot. 
It's hard to see, but I thought of alma 32, when the people were to be humbled according to their circumstances rather than their humility in their hearts. Here the people are humble because their situation doesn't permit anything else... but they are not humble, and so it makes the work a challenge, but we are seeing miracles happen and their hearts are being prepared. I always have to remind myself that I am in a land of promise like it says in the book of mormon. 
Elder Bragg told us that we are in a promised land and need to take advantage of that. 

We are trying our best to help everyone know about the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, because we are in the restoration right now, and they need to be part of it too!! everyone! 

On thursday we were able to have interviews with President Allred and sister Allred :) They are soo awesome and spiritual, I always feel loved when I am with them. Me and president had a good talk about the mission and the needs of the zone and the mission as a whole. We talked about my last 4 transfers in argentina, and how important it is to be our best and first convert :) He couldn't believe that it had passed so fast, and I said "tell me about it haha"  He has helped me soo much in the mission and in living the gospel, we are going to be good friends forever and in the eternities. I received another witness that he had been and is called of God, here in argentina to help us missionaries become who we need to be in order to stay on the covenant path, and to helps us endure to the end. I feel a lot of love for him and his wife. 

I have learned the importance of the Atonement in my life. I don't understand it all... but Everyday I am learning a bit more, and being able to extend my humble daily offering to the Lord at the end of each day in sacred prayer, and being able to say thank you for what I could do today to help bring to pass the gathering of israel one day more. It has been amazing to see, and feel!

On Sunday I had to give a talk in church, and I didn't understand very well what my topic was and so I decided to choose a talk from conference, and I was going to choose the talk by elder taylor godoy about "one more day" but I decided against it at the end of things and gave a talk about the Doctrine of Christ and staying on the covenant path holding on to the Iron Rod. I used the example of The vision of the tree of Life, and how when we augment our understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ we will have more desires to share  the Gospel, and to live it more fully!! It went well and was a good thing I didn't choose the talk by Elder Godoy, because the sister that gave a talk before me was assigned that same talk haha and then we had lunch with them after church, and I told her that I was going to pick the same talk haha And she laughed and told me that I had been led by the spirit haha

After lunch we went back to the church to get everything ready for the baptism. 
Angelina (10) was baptized and confirmed yesterday afternoon :) She was super happy, and joyful for finally being able to be baptized :) it's been a long time since her family has really been active and for almost 3 years has had to wait to be baptized... and so we were able to find her and teach her, and she was baptized yesterday by her father. Her family and extended family came, and so did the entire ward! It was a party haha I told a few members that in canada we don't invite the whole ward usually and they looked shocked, and told me that when I get home and have my family, that I have to invite the whole ward to participate haha I said that I would do it! Normally we can't confirm converts in the baptismal service, but for some reason our bishop got approval and I was privileged to have been chosen to confirm her a member and to give the spirit, and also to be able to bless her to remain strong in the church with her family, and to be an example to those around her, and especially to her family :) 
I felt the spirit very strongly as I was in the circle with her father and three bishops of the stake. I felt super warm, and felt the spirit flowing and directing the blessing. It was one of most spiritual experiences that I have had. As I felt that she will help build the church in her youth and as an adult in the future! She is very special. 

After the baptism we had ward council, and then worked a bit proselyting before we had to return to the church to watch the face to face with Elder Cook!!!!! It was soo good, I felt the spirit more than anything confirm to me that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the Restoration and that we have soo much to be grateful for and to be protected by priesthood keys on the earth today! 

I know that this church is true and that God directs the church through Jesus Christ and his Prophet today, Russell M. Nelson, and that The keys to open the  gates of heaven are real, and living today in the world. I am grateful to be apart of this great plan, and gospel!! 

My joy is as full as it has ever been, and am excited to keep working!! I miss you all, and love you and am soo appreciative for everyone of you and your desires to serve the lord and help his kingdom grow here on the earth!!

Have a great week!!!! 

love always, 

Elder Hubbard

XOXOXOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans