Week 66 New Companion

Hola mi querida familia :) 

Como están todos? Muchísimos gracias por sus cartas, amor, apoyo, y oraciones que me brindan! Siento el poder y el fuerzas que recibo durante todas las días! Translation: 
Hello my dear family :)
How's everybody? Thank you very much for your letters, love, support, and prayers that you give me! I feel the power and strength that I receive every day!
 
This week was a week of a lot of changes... and news for our mission and our companionship... 
I'm officially going to stay in centenario for another transfer!!!!!!! my fourth one! :) and I feel content and ready to keep working hard and enjoying the work like always! God really is attentive to everything and to everyone of his children, he knows each one of our problems and trials and he knows how to help us and heal us.  

I feel grateful for every second that I have had here, and am trying to do my best :) It's not always easy, but I'm also grateful for that because if it was easy all the time we wouldn't learn anything... 
 a missionary who was about to leave to go home told me 

"If we do what is easy our life will be hard, but if we do what is hard our life will be easy."

This week hasn't been easy, but it was so amazing to just be here in Argentina serving and talking to everyone. Every person that we pass walking is a child of God and has his or her personal story and plan. 

This week we received the news that we are going to have 3 general authorities come to rosario to speak to the mission :) Elder Bragg, Elder Villar, and one of the twelve apostles! We think it will be Elder Rasband. So that'll be awesome! Not too many come to our mission and so we have to take advantage of it when they come! :) I'm trying to prepare myself for when they come to be spiritual sensitive and ready to act on the revelation that I'm going to receive! 

To my surprise.... Elder Thacker left and was transferred today... he only had one transfer... but he has a new assignment that fits his personality and talents very well! I'm excited for him! He is going to the limit of our mission more or less and president allred is asking permission to open more areas out of our mission. and So he is going to go and open a new area and find a place to build a chapel and a place to live and to baptize a branch president there to start another stake in the area haha it's gonna be an adventure for sure. I said goodbye to him this morning, and I felt good because we were able to grow a friendship, and I grew to love him. We didn't always get along, but I learned a lot from him and now I have to put in to practice with my next comp. 

My new comp, is called Elder Gibby, From Syracuse Utah, He's a stud. He has 11 months in the mission and is gonna be a zone leader with me. and we are gonna keep learning together:) Already love the kid :) He's super chill and focused and so we are gonna get along super well!! He plays sports and is shorter and blonde. Next week I'll send ya guys a pic :)

Right now I'm writing you guys in the church while our investigator beatrice has her baptismal interview :) She's trying to stop smoking and I'm a little worried about her, but I feel good at the same time!! She has all the desires and wants to be baptized really bad :) She's been humbled and is willing to follow Christ and that is the most important thing I think :) 

We are also working a lot with our ward council and trying to find new ways to baptize more and to help the ward retain all their new members!! SPeaking of recent converts, The family that was baptized a month and a half ago are still going strong!!!!! The dad will be receiving the priesthood this next week, and is really excited about this. The only difficulty is their son... that is 14. He told them other day that he doesn't want to go to the church anymore, but his parents are trying to help him and we are also :) He'll come around.
The next stop is the temple!! we bought them a picture frame to put their baptismal fotos and it is in their kitchen wall, and we left a frame open for when they go the temple for the first time and for their sealing!! for right now we left a picture of the temple their to help them with their goal to go :)

But that's about it for this week!! You all sound like you're all doing super well! I love you guys! I miss ya'll too! But I know that The work of the lord is being brought to pass! :) There is a work to do :) And Everyone of God's children is part of this plan! Every one of you too! 

Have a great week! Love ya'll lots!!!

XOXO

-Elder Joshua Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 53