Week 56







Hey Everyone!!! How's it going? :) Your week sounds like it was just great and super busy!! haha soccer sounds like it's just a blast! it's been a little while since we played soccer... but that's okay because I'm just super tired usually on P-day's and so we usually take it easy at the apartment haha and eat something yummy with the other elders in our district :) Today we are going to make french fries and something that is called "chori pan" it's like these large sausages on bread with a special sauce, and it's super good!! In pergamino there isn't a lot to see or do... but the food is excelente!!! 

This past week flew by and I can hardly remember what happened... like the subject says it was a week of up's and down's. We were supposed to have the baptism of Juan... but he sent us a message the day of saying that he didn't feel ready... we were pretty crushed, but at the same time I felt the spirit comfort me and unfortunately since then we have not been able to get in contact with him these last couple days, and he didn't show up for church... all the members sent us texts of comfort and love and in ward council yesterday they all offered their support and love to help us baptize him another day :) so we'll just have to see what happens in the next couple of weeks :)  So that was a bit of a downer, because I really felt right about the baptism, but I know that baptisms never come easy but that they are gifts from Heavenly Father... he tested our resolve to endure and suffer with patience and love :) I feel Great in spite of the fact that we didn't have our baptism, but sad at the same time :) But something else happened this week that made up for all of it!!

This other family that we found via referral cAME TO CHURCH AGAIN!!!! and they loved it, and the members who were a little disappointed about the baptism were soo happy to see a family come into the church and sit down! after sacrament meeting they all came up to the family and greeted them and kissed them haha it was awesome!! Something that I thought was just great and funny at the same time was a woman came up to Leandro the dad of the family. And said" oh it's just great that you came to get to know the church a little bit today!" he smiled and then when she left he looked at me and said "I'm not here just to get to know the church but I'm going to stay in the church and keep coming!!" haha he accepted a baptismal date of the 16th of june, and so we are going to have a baptism :) and his wife told us after the meeting that she was already baptised when she was 12 or 13... and so we said that we would search for the record, because she couldn't remember very well :) and then after his baptism we are going to have another one, because in 4 weeks from now his daughter will turn 8 and he will be able to baptize her if all goes well!! :) We are super excited about them!!! There is lots of work to do here and we are feeling supported and loved by the ward and area! 

There is always a confrontational moment in the week with other people in the street and who want to argue about religion and stuff like that, but usually I'm very pacible... but the other day I was kinda lippy with one guy in the street, that wanted me to recite a verse from Isaiah and I couldn't remember what part he was talking about... and then he asked us what we were doing preaching if we didn't know the word of god... haha I found this funny because the verse that he wanted me to remember didn't talk about anything relevant to the gospel at all... And so I told him that we were preaching the true word and gospel which says that if you aren't re born by water and fire you cannot inherit the kingdom of god... I then asked him if he had been baptized by water and the holy ghost by someone holding the authority of god... and he said that he had been baptised. And I asked for the authority and power of god? and he didn't say anything... I told him that it was unnecessary to memorize the scriptures like psalms and proverbs and Isaiah because the message of the most importance was that of being baptised by someone holding the authority, and if he wasn't baptised by this authority that he had better humble himself and accept our message... or when Christ comes again he wasn't going to be ready or prepared... he didn't like that very much, but we told him that God loved him anyways, and that if he ever wanted to talk more to come to our church haha but It was kind of a waste of time... I don't usually argue either, but sometimes people irk me a little bit... 
I'm learning to love the people here and their stubborness haha They are very proud and don't like to be pushed or pulled in any direction... it has to be their own idea haha sometimes I feel like we are trying to pull an inception and plant the idea of being baptized in their minds so that they can say that they want to be baptised before we even invite them :) 

But this week was super fruitful, and I learned alot about the Patience and longsuffering that everyone needs to have, and to never lose our faith and will to keep working no matter what happens!!

This week me and Elder Killpack are going to give a workshop about the Faith and perseverance in the zone conference, so we will see what's gonna happen! We spent all yesterday fasting and praying to receive revelation and it came to us late at night, and so we stopped what we were doing and started to write our workshop, and we are almost finished now :_) It's going to be a great week!!!!


I hope you are all well and Happy!! 

I love you all and desire the best!

Have a good week!

Love always,

Alma 26:27

-Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans