Week 39 Roldan

Hola mi Familia :) 

Este semana paso volando jaja muy rapido!! 

It feels like I just emailed and that it was P-Day yesterday... The time is passing super fast and we are working really really hard to get baptisms and to advance the work here in Roldan :) The work goes fast when you are working hard... Which is is what kind of scares me... I'm gonna complete a year in the next transfer... BUT anyways :) 

Lots of work to do!!!!!!!

This past week we went to rosario to play soccer again jaja and we won again!!!!  I played alittle bit of goalie once we were a little ahead jaja and then they started to catch up again, because I don't play goalie... But it was fun :) To asnwer your question mom, the latinos/Argentinos are super insanely good at soccer!!!! It's actually unreal how they play :) but we win anyways haha, and it's because we pass the ball together, and then score:)  They doin't ever pass the ball haha and whenever they actually do which is rare... they always score. Also we play with teenagers when we play, and they are like 14-16 years old, but they play super good, just don't pass the ball very much. The other day we were walking down the street and we saw a field where they play five on five, and there was a bunch of 40 year old men, and I have never seen the game played so amazingly to tell the truth jaja they were all kinda chubby, but they were sooo fast and passed the ball so effectively and precisely... it was cool to see.

This past week we worked alot with trying to find more investigators to teach and we set up alot of appointments up so that we could teach this week :) For example this tuesday we are going  back to that hou8se where all the big dogs were, and they are going to cook us dinner :) Pizzas!!!! And we are going to bring banana bread to share with them :) this morning for breakfast we made pancakes with your recipe mom :) Gracias for sending it :) 

The family that came to church ñast week are thinking about their baptismal date and marriage date too!!! When we were teaching them the last time We went in there thinking about giving the 17 of febuary as a date to get baptized, but we did that because then I would definetely be here for it, but then I felt that half way through the lesson that I needed to change the date and so I put the date at 24 of febuary which if I leave will be the week after transfers and I felt good about the date, even if it's a possibility that I won't be here to baptize them :) I've learned that the baptisms aren't ours anyways, but that it's always the lords baptism, and that we are just instruments in his hands.

This week we have a goal as a companionship to find 25 new investigators in 7 days.
The asistents which are in my district want to find over fifty as a district this week, which is more of a goal for a whole zone, and not just for a district, but we are going to do it :) This last week we had a few zones find like 50 or 53 new investigators as like 3-4 districts, but we are going to do it in four companionships :) We really feel like our goals reflect the desires of our hearts, and that if we open our mouths and talk to every person that we come across, that we are going to find all the people that God has prepared for us to teach :) 

It says in 3 nefi that angels are going throughout all the land to preach and to prepare the hearts of the people to recieve the missionaries, and I know it's true:) We were soo blessed with the 5 new investigators that we found, but this next week starting today we are going to find 25 just me and elder fields:) We are going to go off!!!! And then break the traditional stats that are always brought to me at the end of the week, and that are in the mission!!! This mission is going to be a very high baptizing mission very soon!!! We are getting closer and closer everyday!!!  

But one thing that I have also learned is that the success of a missionary is found is his desires to serve God with all his heart mind and strength. And most importantly is that one who has the spirit with him or her at all times, because without the spirit we shall not teach. 
I felt that lots of times I have been guided by the spirit, but I couldn't hear the voice or couldn't recognize it because I wasn't in tune the way that I needed to be... This is super important!!! not only in the mission but also in our  normal lives as well :) I've learned the importance of repentence and to do it everyday multiple times. And to always be praying in my heart all day long. 

This last couple of weeks have been really good but also very exhausting spiritually and mentally, physically...

The gospel of Jesuschrist... Is the only way to eternal life. 

FAITH in Jesus Christ and his atonement
REPENTENCE
BAPTISM
recieving THE HOLY GHOST
ENDURING TO THE END

I have learned not just to live this gospel in the way that god wants and more authentically on the mission, but I have learned to love this gospel with all of my heart! 

My only hope, wish and prayer is that we can always live in the way that the spirit can be with us:) So that we can always be worthy of eternal life and one day the exaltation!! 

I love all of you so much, And I am so grateful for each of you.

Have a great week and never stop fighting, never give in to temptation, and always remember that "through his stripes we were healed"

XOXO

-Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans