Week 34 Roldan Christmas


Josh loved the package but said he cherished all the letters the most...and the Tabasco sauce! It was tucked in the middle of all the socks :) and arrived unharmed.

Getting to be pros at making pancakes.

Elder Hubbard's Birthday and Christmas Package contents...so happy it all arrived on time. 

A missionary can always use socks and ties...thanks grandpa and grandma Peterson!


Hola mi querido familia!!! 

Wow I don't really know what to say haha 

Christmas here was very different than I have been used to... I missed all of you a lot!
But skyping and getting to talk to all of you, and getting to know Minnie was definitely the highlights of my Christmas!!! I love all of you soo much :)

The 24th was GREAT!!! we got to church and we were almost late but we arrived perfectly on time haha and all the members started singing happy birthday to me. haha I felt kinda embarrassed but it was nice that they remembered :) One family came up to me and gave me a cake and two huge bags of shortbread haha they are all soo giving here and will do anything for you :) After church it was even better!!! we went and had lunch with the familia carlini, who also let us use their computer and ipad. The reason that Elder fields didn't join us was because he was outside talking with his family on the iPad haha he was having a hard time but I think I was worse being out longer... It made me super happy to see everyone soo well, and growing and progressing soo much!! you are all soo amazing!! It was hard to talk in English and after a long time of not seeing you guys it was really emotional for me :) 
At night we chilled on our roof for a while to watch the fireworks and to just think about life!! It was super loud so we didn't sleep much and then in the morning we got up early and went to play soccer underneath the hot hot sun haha 

The 25th was more chill haha there wasn't as many drunk people running around trashing things and picking fights, and for lunch we wen't back to the same familia that fed us dinner the 24th. The cisterna family that we helped baptize their son a month ago. They had a guitar and I played it for probably 2 hours on Christmas haha!!! they brought it out on the night before on my birthday, and they also brought out this huge layered cake with caramel sauce all over it haha they were all super nice, and we shared a message with them after about the Christmas spirit and sobre the hope and light that Jesus brought to the earth with him :) 

But super super good!!!

We are super busy in the work here in Roldan we'll see what happens in two weeks when we have transfers... I don't think I'll leave but you never know... I want to finish the training of Elder fields!!

We just found a family of three people that said they want to be baptized!!! And we are trying super hard to get them converted for repentence so that they can make those covenants with the lord :)

There is soo many people here that are soooo prepared, even though some times it doesn't seem like it... The Lords work will go forth!!!

I love this work I love this Gospel! I am learning and growing, and can feel the spirit in my life everyday!! it's amazing!! Thank you for always supporting me and loving me!! It hasn't been easy I'm sure, but I'm soooo grateful for all of you!!!

This letter is short because the internet cafe's aren't going to be open very long today haha But I wanted to let you know how I grateful I am for all of you in my family!!! DAD,MOM, JARED LYS AND MIM!!! JANAE, JIANNA, JAMESON, and of course! JAROM haha I love all of you!!! 

This gospel is true!! it's soooo true!!!

Thanks for all your letters :) Have a good rest of this festive week, and always remember the real reason for the season :)

Love Joshua

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 53