Week 22 Rosario~General Conference


I found this giant milipeed in our shower haha it moved the metal grate that coveres the drain haha it was pretty strong. I disposed of it after I watched it for a minute or two.

I need to keep an eye out for creatures in our apartment because Elder Curtis told me that there was two times when a scorpion came up the drain... 
we got caught out in the rain again... but this time I  didn`t have my rain coat...

hola mi querido familia :) gracias for all of you letters  and love :) 

This last week was really really really good!! 

It started off with interviews with presidente Allred on tuesday. I`m really grateful for the president that we have in our mission, he is certainly inspired and recieves revelation daily for his missionaries and mission. Of this I have no doubt.

He has helped me a lot spiritually and mentally when I`ve needed it, and his testimony is directed by the spirit of God. 

In the interview we talked about becoming a "buscadore de almas/talentos" (Searcher for souls/talents" ).

In the mission right now we are focused completely in the Book of Mormon. but we have put the parable of the talents into our lives as a mission. And we are finding ways that we can duplicate the talents that have been given to us by our Heavenly Father. 
In our mission, we talk about talents being: our areas, our investigators, our baptisms. We have dropped the way of thinking that we need to be consistent in our statistics or that we need to baptize 80 people in a month as a mission, as an example. 

We are now looking at our previous successes and goals acomplished, and looking how we can duplicate the result. We don`t want to have the same kind of success consistent and never changing. We want to put goals that are going to stretch us as missionaries and as servants of the lord. The direction that the mission is going right now is up, it`s been amazing the results of the faith of the missionaries and the unity that we have as a mission right now. 

We have goals as a mission to have every companionship baptize every week... We are changing our way of thinking, and we are working alot harder and harder to change the old mindset. but anyway it`s something that is really exciting for us missionaries!! This goal to become a searcher of souls in the mission, has really changed the way that we contact people and when we are proselyting. 

This past week as a companionship we put our goal to find 10 new people to teach, not just ten new people that we taught a lesson to, but ten people that really have interest in learning more and coming to church. 10 interested investigators in one week is a lot... in our area and mission. 

We had lots of good experiences this week with searching for souls!! :) we found 8! which is the most that I have found in one week up till now in my mission.
8 that really have interest in learning more, and coming to church. we didn`t get to 10, but that wasn`t the point of the goal, I later realized,  the point of the goal was to accelerate our efforts in searching, and it worked :) it really built my faith that these people are out there, we just need to really be in tune with the spirit in finding them:) 

CONFERENCE!!!!!!

Conference was amazing! It was a little difficult to watch in spanish for the first time... I missed english for the first time in a while... I understood all the words of the talks, but it wasn`t the same... I felt an amzing spirit when they were talking, but I missed that personal connection and passion that is in the voices of the prophet and apostles. 

As always, every single talk was spectactualr, but I have to say that Elder Holland really out did himself this time around. 

As a missionary I saw and felt alot of the themes centered in the process and importance of personal conversion. and how during this process, if we don`t rely on the lord or if we are complacent, we are going to fall, slip, or stumble a little. 

another theme I felt, was the nessesity to build our foundation on the fundamentals, Daily pray: personal and as a family. Scripture study: THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!! every day, because the power that it contains is sufficent to guard us from the temptations of a falling world. Fasting, attending and partaking of the sacrament every sunday. 

I felt very sad that our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson wasn`t able to attend and share with us his testimony... but I am beyond certain that, we need to heed with exactness the words that he spoke last conference in April. 

I was also sad that Elder Hales passed away, I always felt such power in the words that he spoke, even if they came out of a body frail and weak. His testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement is unforgettable. 
I loved that we were able to hear the words that He ( Elder Hales) wrote and shared with Elder Anderson. 

I  have a testimony Del Libro de Mormon. It`s changed my life. My mission, and Life have changed because of the testimony that I have gained of repentence and following our saviors example and utilizing the infinite sacrifice of our Beloved Savior JesuChristo. 

I have no doubts in my being that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior redeemer, captain, pastor, and loving brother. That he knows us, Loves us, and that he pleads for our salvation. 

As a missionary who loves his family, and wants what is best for them I invite, and exort you all to please read the Book of Mormon daily!! Personally and as a family!! 
The latter days are coming, and God needs children strong faithful, and on his team, who are ready to fight and defend the faith, and values of the restored gospel on the earth today. 

I love you guys :) 

Have a great week in all your endeavors! School, Sports, Work!! 
You are all amazing, keep progressing, keep working. God Loves each of you!! 

Love always

-Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 53