Week 19 Rosario



A river port and the third largest city in ArgentinaRosario is situated in southeastern Santa Fe province in the east-central part of the country. Located on the west bank of the Parana River, it is 190 miles (300 kilometers) northwest of Buenos Aires.


Hola mi querido Padres y familia,
This week has been good, it seemed like it went by super slow for some reason haha not a whole lot happened

I`m doing alright haha I`m still sick, but it`s just a cold that won't go away...
I think I`ve had it since I got here in the mission, but hopefully soon it will go away.
It has something to do with the humidity. 

My new companion is a super spiritual and good person, I`m super lucky to have him as my comp, I`ve never met anyone so humble, he makes me want to be a better person and missionary. 

He doesn`t talk a lot so it has been a little difficult to bond with him, but we will soon :) 

This week we recieved the direction from our president of the mission to stop contacting with pass along cards and opening liners and things like that haha 

He told us for a weekend we are going to drop those this technique and only leave our apartments with a book of mormon in hand nothing else. 

and so for this past weekend we left our apartments and contacted people all day long, except when we had appopintments written in our agendas. in one weekend we had filled the next week with apointments comepletely full, and only in 48 hours... pretty amazing how the revelation works. We only used the book of mormon to contact, and it was amazing some of the responses that we recieved! 

This one lady was like " Wow algo nuevo! ustedes no creen en santos no cierto" (Wow something new! you do not believe in saints not true ")  and we said no haha and then she went on to how she had lots of interest in learning more and we planned a day that we could stop by. 

This other guy went off about how we don`t donate blood... somthing like that haha
I told him that those people are jehova witnesses haha and tienen nada k ver con nosotros... it was funny! We also managed to grab an appointment with him too. 

But as a mission we are really focused right now on personal perfection and reading and applying the BOM in our Lives right now. 

 President is called of God, and is here in this moment to help us progress the work of the Lord and to help us missionaries individually come closer to our savior and to really know him personally. I`m glad that I have him as the president right now, I really feel like I can trust him, and I know that with his help and councel I can come closer to my savior. 

A lesson that I`ve been learning in the mission, is one of the same lessons that Joseph Smith learned when he was translating the golden plates into the Book Of Mormon, and martin harris wanted to take them and show the 116 pages to his family. Joseph learned to fear God more than man, when the pages were lost joseph repented and learned to fear God More than man. A scripture that I was reading the other day found in 2 nefi 8: 11-12 painted a really good picture for me in relation to this topic. We need to have a eternal perspective right now in this life. 

Sometimes as humans we think that this life is the life to worry about... it`s something we need to re-study or re-evaluate, because this life is only a small segment in the eternities. Only through repentence and the gospel of Jesus Christ our we saved and can live with our Families for eternity with God and Jesus Christ in the Celestial Kingdom. 

Another lesson that I`ve learned while reading the BOM is found in Ether 12:37.
It not important in the eternal scheme of things if someone we are teaching or trying to teach isn`t charitable, it doesn`t matter... if as long as we our selves are doing the things that we should. Entonces Salvation is personal. And we are put into families because God knows that in the family is the best place and atmostphere to learn and progress. when we are surrounded by our family and people who love us we can repent and progress and learn from our sins or mistakes. 

This world that we live in right now is deteriorating, everyday alittle bit more than the last. The book of mormon tells us that this life is the lifetime to prepare to meet god.

I love the Book of Mormon!! It really is the word of God, and is meant for this day right now! 

The invitacion is to live the word of god even more profound and with more exactness. When we do we will be blessed. 

I know that god has a plan specifically for everyone of us, and the timeline for our salvation is diferente por cada uno de nosotros. But the invitation is to search for our salvation today! Right now and everyday after that!! 
 it`s something that I didn`t really think about before my mission, but it`s something that is always in my mind now! 

I love this Gospel I really have a testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. It really is the love of God for us on the earth, if we rtead it we can grow closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and we can obtain Salvation!

God loves every single one of his children, it`s not important if they have fallen, even the best person can fall, but can still qualify for  his grace. For it is sufficient for those that find their way back. We just need to keep praying and asking god for help, and he will help us.  there is a scriprure in moroni 8:8 That says Jesus wasn`t sent to earth to save the righteous because the whole don`t need healing, but he came to save the sinners, and we are all sinners, just in a different ways, and we all have different challenges, but if we put our trust in God, then will our weaknesses become strong! 

I love you my family, with all of my heart, and I wouldn`t want anyone else to help`me progress in this life! and to progress together as a family is an amazing blessing :) 

I`m glad you are all doing well, and that you are having sucesses in your lives, Have agreat week and we`ll talk next week :) Nos Vemos mi querido familia <3 XXOO

P.S un beso y embrazo por cada uno de ustedes
P.P.S Mi madre :) La tarjeta de ATB es funcionando :) Gracias 
(Translation :We see my dear family <3 XXOO Q. A kiss and embrazo for each one of you P.P.S My mother :) The ATB card is working :) Thanks)

P.P.P. S. I`m sorry to hear about Gramma pie... I had a feeling that she was going to pass soon. :( She lived a full life 95 years is amazing! I don`t have alot of memories of her, but all of the ones that I have are fond ones. She was very kind and loving, and knew how to make a delicious pie :) ;) I`m glad that Grampa Al could go see her before she passed, I think that this is really important too,
That`d be really good if you could go to the island for the funeral Dad, I hope everything goes well and I`m sending my love and prayers your guy`s way :) 
XOXO

-Joshua

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 53