Week 11 in Rosario

Hola Mi Madre, Padre, Y Familia <3 <3

Yo espero que su semana fue muy bueno y que toda es bien con la familia :)

It sounds like everyone is doing well and that summer is definitely there haha a heat wave wow!! 

aquí la clima es muy frió... Yo compre un otra sweater que es mas pesado, por los días que son terribles...
y tambien estoy comiendo a ful y estoy gordito en la verdad jaja. 

este semana fue una semana de milagros, y yo podría ver el éxito de el señor en nuestro área. 
Every day this week a miracle happened... it was a week full of spiritual strengthening for my testimony and others :)

It started the last p-day. lunes: We were able to have a lesson with one of our investigators se llama I...... She has a testimony of everything in the church, of Jose Smith y todo. But she still has a problem with cigarillos (cigarettes) We went into the lesson with,  the intencion of dropping the cane so to speak... (to call a person to repentance) but when we entered her house  our intencion changed...
We started with a prayer of course, and then started to talk to her about her testimony, and she said that she wanted to be baptized, but that she couldn`t because she smokes... she wants her son who is a member to baptize her... but up till now still needs to drop the addiction... She was super sombre, humble, and asked us to help her. we taught the palabra de sabiduria to her and she accepted the challenge of breaking the habit of 40 cigarettes a day... she told me that she didn`t think it were possible... There were tears in my eyes as I promised that through the atonement of our lord and savior Jesus Christ that it was possible and that He would help her in this battle, and that she would be baptized by her son in august 12. We are going back today to give her a blessing, so we will see what happens :) A miracle because she has been taking the discussions for a year and a half, and never listened to the other elder`s who had tried to help her in this trial. but she accepted!!!
 
Martes: We had our District meeting this morning... A week prior to this Elder França had asked me if I would give the discussion on the capacitacion de la mision in the reunion the proxima semana and I said yes (basically a talk for 40 min...) But when we were walking to the church this morning, we received a text from the zone liders saying that they would be in our meeting... And also that our new President would be attending as well... haha... I was scared out of my mind as we arrived in the capilla. we arrived before anyone else, I was stressing out haha because of my Spanish in front our president and his wife and also in front of the zone liders... needless to say I was scared, and as everyone arrived for the meeting my fear increased... We started the meeting and the zone liders talked for ten min, and then presidente for ten min, and then it was my turn... as I was walking up to the front of the meeting I remembered something that Bishop Cook shared with me in one of my interviews, and it gave me comfort. A phrase that President Hinckley`s father said to him before he left on his mission, which was "Be not Afraid, Only Believe" And this strengthened me, and I was able to start to speak in castellano. not perfectly obviously haha but When I was finished, presidente asked me if I could summarize what I had ust said in English so that his wife could understand haha I tried... but I couldn`t talk in English, there weren`t any words haha and I was fumbling all over the place trying to speak. I asked elder França to help me... and he spoke in better English than me in this moment haha he explained to hermana Allred in English what I had just said in castellano. His Practicing with me is paying off, and vice versa for me in Spanish :) Truly a miracle para me :) Presidente Allred said that me having a problem speaking English was a good problem to have right now in the mission haha I was glad that he had a sense of humor about it :) 

Miercoles: I`m really starting speak in better Spanish than before, but it`s definitely a process. Today I saw a fruit of this process haha
Elder França told me that the night before that I had been sleep talking... sleep talking a lot, but in... SPANISH!!!!!!!! haha this made me excited! I remember dad telling me that once you are dreaming in the language that you are starting to become more fluent in the language haha I don`t know where where sleep talking fits on this spectrum, but I think it`s a good sign of something :P 

jueves: Today we were proselyting in the afternoon and knocking on doors, but weren`t having any success with the people there, and so  we decided to switch gears a little bit and visit old investigators that were in our area book. I was looking at all the names and wasn`t feeling good about any of them, and i put the area book down... said a prayer and asked heavenly father to guide us in the right direction. and then I looked in the book again, and instantly a name jumped out at me. A name of an investigator that me and elder Curtis Taught one time, but after that we could never find her, I told Elder França that we needed to go visit her, her name is S....... We hadn`t been able to find her for 2 months, but today we did! in her house with two of her children. We entered and taught the plan of Salvation and she told us that she wanted to come to church and to bring her family, she is really catholic but said that she feels good about what we taught, and that she wants an eternal family. Truly another miracle. 

Viernes: Today we had an appointment with a family who was menos activos but wen brought back to church recently. Their son was there in their house visiting. He is 18, and has a little girl named milagro (miracle) Who was sick at this time with a fever, and some sort of pain in her ears and chest and he asked us if we could give her a blessing, she was in her father`s arms in this moment, and was sobbing in pain as we prepared for the blessing. I did the anointing with aceite consagrado (Consecrated oil) And elder França gave this little girl a blessing... As he was speaking in the power and authority of god and Jesus Christ, this little girl was silent, and calm, and the spirit was sooo strong. When the blessing had been given, her dad rocked her to sleep by time we had left. We went back in the morning and she had been healed. I have a testimony of priesthood blessings, especially in this moment. 

Sabado: Today we went to the hospital... Because I have been sick all week again, with the same thing. My fever had been dropped, but My throat was still throbbing, and it hurt to eat or drink anything. We went to the hospital, and I had a consultation real quick, and the people said that nothing was wrong with me... haha hospitals... They said that unless I still had the fever that there was nothing for them to do about my throat... I was mad... but when I had evened my temper and we were back in the Pension, I asked Elder França for a Blessing, and he gave me a blessing of healing, and I was very thankful for the power and worthiness of my companion to give me a blessing in this moment, The next morning I woke up and the pain had all but left my throat, and I am almost better :) 

Domingo: This morning in the chapel we had 97 people!!!!! This is a miracle!! as well as 3 investigators! 
When I started in this area we had at most 35 people in the capilla at 9:00 in the morning!!
I love working with the menos activos, and getting them to come back to church, and to feel the spirit again in their lives :) 
Now the only thing that we are lacking is the Baptizing, but it will come :) With Patience and the timeline of the Lord :) 

That`s all for this week... But for me it was an amazing week filled with amazing experiences that all strengthened my testimony!! 
This next week is translados... and I don`t think I`ll get transferred, but it is possible. It would be nice to go to another area of Argentina, but at the same Time i would be okay if I stayed right here for a while longer :) Elder França`s reminds me that before I leave I have to finish Teaching him how to speak English also haha We`ll see what happens

Dad: The scripture for My plaque is Omni 1: 26

I love All of you guys so much!! The Church is True and Jesus Christ Lives today!!! 

Have a Great week! You are all in my Prayers :)

Todo mi corazon y Amor

Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans