Week 10 Rosario


New Mission President~ Presidente y Herman Allred And Sister Allred


River Plate Futbol CLub


Elder França y Me


Southern Alberta style never dies haha


This week has been a tough one in all honesty, però really good as well :) 
All your letters made me smile and I`m glad that you are all doing well :) Earthquake aside haha How Crazy!!!!!  

This week, it rained everyday... haha it was terrible, but alright. My shoes are holding up for the most part also so that is good. 

Everything is wet all the time, because of the humidity and we have to use heaters para dry nuestro ropa. The climate in Rosario is Comparable to that on the Island :) The same humidity, and feel, at least para me.

Today we aren't going to play futbol because it is raining, so I think we are going to play ping pong instead haha but vamos a ver que va a passar. 

This week I have been really sick... with a fever and have been on antibiotics for my throat and head all week. I don`t know what happened but My throat is super sore and my head wants to explode tambien haha but we called the officinas and they told us which antibiotic to take, I have been taking a lot of artemisia and vitamins everyday as well and they are helping tambien, I think it`s because of the change in the weather and stuff, but all is well and being taken care of, this morning I made Limon, ginger and honey tea, and it was really good :) haha I`m doing good, but being sick is getting old too :P 

This last week we had the opportunity to meet presidente y Hermana Allred in a zone conference on jueves ( Thursday) It was really good, and though I was sad that Presidnente Zanni had left, I really felt a connection with the Allred`s tambien. He is super funny, and has a spirit about him muy Fuerte. He served his mission in chile, but doesn`t remember all the spanish obviously,  pero the type of spanish in Rosario is different than regular spanish and so it`ll be an adjustment for sure. Sister Allred doesn`t speak any spanish and she is super sweet. They talked with all the districts individually, And I helped translate for the Latinos in my District the English of Hermana Allred. And for Hermana Allred the Spanish of the latinos haha it was cool, I am starting to have a better understanding of the language, more and more everyday :)
They talked to us for a while and about our families, and our interests, they were impressed by our Town of Magrath haha Mini Utah!

After the District interviews we talked as a zone and they shared the story of one of the talks de elder Holland: It`s the story of a teenage boy who left home and joined the hell`s angels, and then 20 years later his little brother was called to the mission where his older brother was, but his family didn`t know if the older brother was alive, because they hadn`t received anything for twenty years... The younger brother and his companion had the prompting to enter a fenced in house that had two rottweiler dogs guarding it and to talk to the man who was smoking on the porch. The man turned out to be his older lost brother who he`d never met, and they embraced, and the young missionary invited his brother to go home and to repent of his sins, and he forgave his older brother for all the pain that he had caused his parents. 
We talked about the spirit of assigning the call of that young missionary to the very mission where the prodigal son was living.. it`s a great story, and I invite you guys to read it :)
 Presidente Allred talked about how we don`t have challenges in this mission and in our lives... We Only Have Opportunities. Opportunities to act in faith and to choose to have joy in our missions and lives. It was really good, and I learned a lot from the conference as a whole! I`m excited about having a new presidente y Hermana Allred. Another interesting fact is that Hermana Allred is Japanese! haha Her mother is Japanese and her father is american I think... 

This week Me y Elder França, were continuing to have challenges towards one another, and I was praying one night, and asked for strength and help to be a better companion and to have more charity. After my Prayer I had the promting that I needed to start teaching him ingles, and soo....

The next morning when we were proselyting I told him "Elder, Yo voy a enseñarle como hablar en ingles Y nosotros vamos a espesar ahora!" Haha ( "I am going to teach you how to talk in english, and we are going to start right now")
And Things have been way better en all honesty :) I was a little nervous at first, but it`s actually proving to be helpful for both of us, we still talk castellano together, but we speak in english now tambien :) I`m glad that Heavenly father helped me have the courage for this to happen. 
And he actually speaks pretty decently well up till this point in English :) 

We had a cool experience this week while contacting less and in-active members
this week. knocked on a door of a man who hadn`t been to church in 13 years... He told us to come back another day hahaha

And soo... We did :)

We went to his house... or room... super humble and super in need of the gospel again in his life. His name is O...... We entered the "room" And we started talking about him and his family, he is 30, but isn`t married but has two daughters, and a novia (Partner or Girlfriend) but he doesn`t live with them...  He was a little bit drunk  but was coherent when we got there, and had been smoking weed before we arrived...  We kept talking and he told us how he is embarrassed to talk to us right now in his life and that he wants to change, and then talk to us, he was getting a little belligerent in his tone... I told him that we weren`t there to judge him or to drop the cane of repentance, but that we were there to help him find Jesus Christ again in his life, and to feel the spirit. He started crying and I grabbed him in an embrazo ( hug) I held him there for like a minute or two, and he thank us for coming to see him. We told him that we were going to keep coming back and that we would help him feel of the spirit again in his life, he asked us to say a prayer for him and his family and his house, and so we did. When we were outside of the house and on the street, a man saw us with him and told us that O....... was a sinner and needed to repent and that he was a bad person, in front of O...... I was mad about this, and I fired back at the man of, I don`t know 40 plus years old, and asked him if he himself were a perfect person?... I didn`t really think before I said that, but he stopped talking, and I told him that everyone needs to repent, and that the only person without sin was Jesuchristo and that he didn`t have the right to say what he did. He apologized to O......, and went on his way... I don`t know If I handled the situation with a lot of tact but it worked... and I felt good that I could help correct this person, and to help him realize that all people are sinners, and all need Jesus Christ. 

It was an experience for sure haha pero bueno :) 

This week we met with 5 less active families and had noche hogars, or family home evenings with all of them! 3 of the family's were in the chapel on Sunday :) The ward is growing and we are seeing a lot of success with the members! With our investigators we are trying super hard with them, but have decided that we need new investigators, because right now the ones we have aren`t progressing and need to be dropped for a little while, and then we will go back when they are more prepared, and ready  for the commitment of baptism and the other commandments :) 

It was a good week, full of experiences like no other!! The mission id unpredictable... This is what I love, It`s the same Gospel yesterday today and for ever. But the experiences are different and unique cada dia :) 

I love this Gospel, I love all of you ( la mejore familia en el mundo) 

I don`t know what scripture I want for My Plaque yet, but next week I`ll have one for you Dad :) 

This is a scripture that has given me comfort this week D y C 122:7

Amor y Bendiciones

- Elder Hubbard -


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans