Week 6 in Rosario





Bittersweet goodbye as companions!




I am not sure what all this is, but can imagine...from some of his letters.




Elder Hubbard's new companion, Elder Franca, from Sao Paulo Brazil. He doesn't speak English :)

Elder Hubbard is still in Rosario :)

New Companion, Elder Franca
Soccer Stadium


Hola mi Madre y mi Padre y Mi Familia!! :)

 This week has been a rollercoaster for mi haha We found out this past saturday that Elder Curtis would be transferred to a different part of the city and become a zone lider there. It was sad for me... because I knew I would be getting another trainer the following monday... that`s why I didn`t write yesterday haha  I didn`t want another one honestly... haha but I`ll talk about that a little later in the letter. 

This last weekend the chico that said he would be baptized changed his mind... and said that he didn`t anymore. what luck. so now we are back at ground zero with him, and are trying to changed his mind and recieve a stronger answer, because he still wants to be baptized but says that he has some doubts, so we are trying to help him figure this out... so no baptism for this week. 

That weekend we went and taught those people that Elder Curtis wanted to say goodbye to and stuff because he`s been here for 4 and a half months , and has a lot of relationships with his converts and such. it was really sad actually... but it was bueno at the same time :) We took some pictures and taught some lessons to them, brought some of them to the church on sunday too. 

My new companion se llama es Elder Francà de Brazil!! haha He`s a good guy! I`ll attach a photo of him. 
I was nervous about recieving a new trainer, especially because I still don`t know the area super well, and would have to show him around and talk alot more to the members, that elder curtis would before... It`s already been a huge learning experience para mi porque I Have had to only speak in spanish for the last two days, because he doesn`t know inglés. But I`m learning super fast now, so in the end it will be a huge blessing to have a Brazilero as a companion haha I might even forget english... Elder Francà is from Sao Pao brazil, and his family are members, and his older brother served a mission. He has 20 years, so just two more than me haha he has been in the mission for 14 months, and had to learn Castellano too because he only spoke Portuguese. So I`ll probably learn a little bit of that too! haha we`ll see I guess. 

We went out yesterday and I introduced him to a bunch of the members in the ward and to our investigators and the Obispo (Bishop). 
He has a sense of humour and is very social which is a blessing for mi for sure! I knew he was going to be because all the brazilero`s yo conozco are very sociable personas haha He`s gonna be a big help and blessing to this ward! He`s a very hard worker and has seen a lot of success in his mission. I`m really excited to be working with him! and kinda in a way leading him, because he`s in a new area por him. 

Anyways it`s been a rollercoaster week like I said, but it`s been good! I was sad to say goodbye to Elder Curtis, but I found out that I`am going to see him in two weeks for presidente Zanni`s going away party haha Presidente and Hermana Zanni are terminating their mision the first of Julio, and then presidnte Allred will be comeing and he speaks perfect spanish too I guess. He served in Chile I think. 

It sounds like Seminary grad was good!! In a way I kinda miss all that stuff haha it was a really good time in my life, but The decision to serve a mission has been good too. It`s different than I could`ve imagined. The good in a mission and the not so good. There are always tough days, but there there are also always good days, and experiences in both days that are blessings. the mission has already been the hardest thing I`ve done and I`ve only been gone two months. But I have learned so much about the gospel, about myself, and about the love that the savior has for all his children. One thing I`ve really been learning lately is that this gospel and this life are all about the timing and the sequencing that things happen in. But the thing is, is that we can`t comprehend the sequencing and the timing of god, because he knows everything, absolutely everything, and we can`t comprehend any of it, but the thing that we can comprehend is that he loves us PERIOD. And that everything that happens is because he loves us. I don`t remember exactly where in the scriptures it say that all these things will be for thy good and understanding my son. I have really taken this to heart, whenever anything happens that is really good, or if something happens and I think to ask why? Well the answer will always be because god loves me, loves us, loves and cares about what happens to us and wants us to put our trust in him. That`s all we have to do. put our trust in him acting on our faith not knowing fully what is going to happen, but knowing that god loves us is all we need to know. This is something that I have been learning and thought i would share it with you :) 

I like that metaphor in President Wilde`s talk. Because it`s applicable to mi too. Because I`ve left the grass so to speak haha I am in a place where I need to trust in God completely with my heart and spirit. 

The family sounds like everyone is doing amazing!! I love hearing about everything that goes on!! That goal that Jarom scored is Sweet!! me and my companion are going to try and get into the stadium of Rosario Central next P-day!!  And Jameson your question is a good question for sure! Haha The Garden sounds like is doing good, Hail aside. haha And soccer is moving along too which is great! It`s always sad when it ends but it`s exciting to play summer games!! And the end of the School year is almost here too! Wow It`s flown by haha 

 I don`t have a Niece yet haha But Soon :) I`m soooo excited!! 
Haha that story about sacrament meeting is Awesome haha Darryl is a character haha 
By the sounds of it too, the Land cruiser is going to look alittle different when I get home haha 

This week has been crazy, but I have seen the hand of the lord afool en esta semana ( Alot this week) en the vidas de mi investigadores y tambien en mi vida. Yo me amo mi mision mucho, y es la mejore desicion en mi vida!!! La iglesia de Jesuchristo de los santos de los ultimos dias es la verdadera iglesia en el mundo hoy and es la rezon por cada cosa felicidad en mi vida!! Dios nos ama, Y Jesuchristo es nuestro salvador y redentor y suffrio por nuestro pecados en la gardin de getsamène.

2 Nefì  capitulo 9 
Mormòn capitulo 7        a mi me gusto mucho!!! 


Love  XOXOXOX

Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans