Week 64 Marbles and ripped pants


Picture of my pants haha
#gaining weight...

Elder Hubbard's companion, Elder Thacker!


Hey Family!! Thank you for all your emails, love and support :)

I'm doing good, a little tired... but that's a good thing :) I love getting home at the end of the day and being able to fall asleep in seconds haha Our area is very large sometimes we are running from side t side trying to be on time for our appointments... haha yesterday we ran to our last appointment and we got there out of breath, and the member said what's the hurry? And we said were 20 minutes late... haha and he said no, don't worry about it :) haha the people here really don't care about time... but we are trying to be puntual anyways. 

This week at church we had 2 of our people that we are teaching come to church :) 
Beatris and a man named Sergio.

Beatrice told us in the last lesson that she wants more time to prepare for her baptism and so we haven't put another date yet... but she really felt the spirit yesterday in sacrament meeting, as a member of the bishopric gave a talk about covenants and the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ and she told us afterward. "wow, how can I make these covenants with my lord?" "I want to be baptized, and I want my family to follow me..." It was a pretty emotional week for her, because it was the anniversary of the one of her son's death... but she came to church anyways and was filled with the spirit, and told us after the gospel principles class, that she had already started to stop smoking!!! :) The class was about the word of wisdom, and she loved it!! She isn't smoking alot, like some people but like 6 or 7 a day... and so we are trying to help her out with that :) She want's to go to the temple too!! And so we are trying to help her get baptized first :) She's great and has an opinion on everything... haha I've learned patience with her, but it's hard sometimes haha we talk alot about nature and the outdoors and global warming and stuff like that haha well we don't talk, but she does... but it's good that she loves nature because it's been easier to help her understand God's plan for each one of us:) She is going to be baptized and we are super excited for her!!!!!

This week we have been trying another technique to finding new people and families to teach haha... 

We are now playing marbles with all the kids in the street haha We bought a small bag each the other day and now compete with the kids in the street to gain a little confidence with em haha they love it :) The kids here usually are really nice to us or they just make fun of our accents and stuff haha sometimes they yell at us or tell us to go home, but nothing too bad haha they learn it from their parents.. and so now whenever we see them playing we asked them if we can play too, and up till now they have all let us play!! and we have found a few new inestigators this way :) We always carry around a marble in our pocket just in case the situation presents itself :) 

And now for a funny story... #Gaining weight... :( 

This week I had to sew one side of my pants because it had broken out at the seem alittle... and so I sewed it and it was fine to wear for the next day haha then the next day at the end of the day I ran my hand down my leg in one of the lessons and I felt another hole about two inches wide in the other side of my pant legs haha  and so that night I had to sew it up but on the other side haha

a few days past and I was on divisiones and I saw a few kids playing marble and so I got super excited because it meant we were probably going to find a new person to teach and so I asked the kids if we could play and they were like... " But you don't have a marble..." and I said  "Yeah I do!" and I showed them my marble all fiery red haha called flamey, and they all gasped when they saw it, and said the equivalent of  "No Way!!" and we started to play haha I'd thrown a few and when I reached down to grap the one that I had shot... I kneeled slowly and I heard a sound that i had never heard before... I quickly got up... and looked at the new elder that was with me, and he had no idea what had happened haha But I did... the kids didn't know either thankfully... I would have died from embarrasment... And luckily I was wearing my trench coat rain jacket that goes down to my knees, because if not... It was 5 in the afternoon and I had a 9 inch rip right down the seem of my crotch hahaha luckily it was the part behind and so my jacket covered it all, and we were no where near the apartment to change... and So I rocked those pants until 9:30 at night haha and no one new, until I finally looked at my comp, and said "I ripped my pants..." And we started laughing... I've learned there is afirst time for everything and in any moment it can happen... 
I'm gainging alittle weight... but it's winter here and the only thing we eat is pasta with alot of red sauce and bread... that is just flour water and sugar and salt... it's delicious but I almost can't do up the button on my suit jacket either... to say the least I'm looking forward to the summer so that I can sweat all the weight away... I havent weighed myself lately but about 6 months ago I weighed 86 kilos, and now I'm probably close to 90... but don't worry... I'm happy and healthy more or less haha I'm trying not to eat very mouch but it's difficult here... 

But that is my funny story haha

Mom your question about ministering here... I actually haven't seen it in action... yet. But I hear about it, and there are quite a few families that are out serving and helping alot :) But there is always someone to help here, and there isn't many appearances of  "Oh everything is alright..." Everyone literally has to help out in some way... I feel like we do most of the ministering sometimes but our ward council is really acitve and are trying their best :) They miniester alot through social media here, and also visits. 

Hey Dad, That's crazy about the new suv haha it sounds sweet haha And I like forest green!! You'll have to send me a pic. :) But I already approve!! The weather has gotten alittle bit warmer, and isn't rainging too much.. thankfully. We have another month of winter at least and than in september it'll start to get really hot and rainy... We just  got a new ward mision leader, and so we are super excited to work with him, and he is too. He is 40 and is single. served a mission and speaks alot of english :) It'll be fun and we are going to keep working hard!!! 

Rest of the Fam: I love you all so much and am praying for each of you and your adventures and trials in your life :) Keep working hard at whatever you are doing and keep enduring day by day with trust in the Lord Jesus Christ :) He loves each of you!! 

Have a great week!!

XOXOX

-Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans