Week 60 Baptisms























Wow this weekend and week  was super crazy!! It sounds like for all of you tambien :) Soccer, moroni's quest, birthdays, Seminary Grad!! haha that's all soo awesome!!! 

This week was super busy... we went to rosario on wednesday to do exchanges with the assistants and it was a good day :) I was with Elder Correa who is from peru, and was also assigned to my area when he first got to the mission! it was a good experience overall!! 

We got back to our area thursday and had exchanges with some of the elders in our zone and it was also a good experience! We were able to find five new people to teach which was a tender mercy because with this family being baptized this week end we needed to find new people to teach... and we did and so I guess I'll be passing by these new people this week with my new comp... 

OH THERE WAS TRANSFERS.... It was a  really good saturday... Sooo spiritual, and joyful :) we got to the baptism and no one showed up... haha they have mormon standard time here too, but it's a little worse... no one showed up until 2:30, and we were supposed to have the baptism at 2... but it's all good haha it was cool because president allred and hermana allred were able to come and participate and to be there when we achieved our goal of 4 baptisms for Jesus Christ!! they talked to our family of investigators and then we went and changed!! I've now been out almost 16 months and it's the first time that I went and got dressed in all white to actually perform a baptism :) I felt clean, and soo excited for the moment when this beautiful family would also experience this feeling of cleanliness!! we had two talks given by a family that helped us teach them, and first the wife spoke on baptism and it was really nice!! I felt the spirit, and it was short and sweet :) Then her husband got up to talk on the Holy Ghost, and it wasn't that short... haha but it was still sweet...  when the first counselor got up after the talk he said "And now for the most important part of the meeting and the reason why we are gathered here today haha the ordinance of baptism of the family saint-Xupery!" and he kinda looked at the member that gave the longer talk kinda funny haha but it was super special :) We got to the font and and I entered first with the father of the family (Leandro) and I said the baptismal prayer in spanish (Obviously) haha and I baptized him... When he came up out of the water... he was glowing, and looked at me and said "I'm new" He gave me a big hug and we kinda just stayed in the water a second, and took it all in! What a spirit that was present there at that moment wow!!! And then elder Killpack entered with the son Gonzalo, and got to to baptize him, and he did so, and he came up out of the water smiling!! I then entered again and baptized their daughter Morena and the mother Veronica :) I had to baptize morena twice because her ankle came out haha she gave me a long sigh when I told her we had to do it again haha but she came out smiling also after the second dunk haha I stepped on her feet the second time to keep them from coming up haha When I baptized Veronica she told me to be careful because she had balk problems, and so I was a little worried, but the spirit told me that it would be okay:) And so I baptized he, and when she came out of the water she started to cry... I thought oh no... I hurt her back but she told me she was just sooo happy... and that she didn't feel any pain! It was soo special :) And after they were changed we had a closing song "Eternas pueden ser las familias"  and had a refreshment of cakes, banana bread, and juice haha it was awesome to see how the other members were able to accept them and help them soo much :) I love this ward so much!!! And the members love us missionaries :) 

Then yesterday on sunday in sacrament meeting they were confirmed members of the church and it was the first time that i confirmed someone in the mission... I confirmed morena, their daughter who is 8, She turned 8 the day before her baptism! It was a weekend of miracles :) During the baptism president told us the changes that were going to happen and that elder kilpack would be leaving on tuesday to be another zone leader in another city, and that my new companion is going to be Elder Thacker haha also from idaho! My third comp from idaho haha but it's going to be awesome because he was in my district when I was a DL haha and so I know him already! It'll be awesome, he likes to work hard, he has about a year in the mission, he's a stud
:) 

I'm gonna miss elder Killpack alot!!!! :( but that's the way the mission goes I guess... He gave his testimony yesterday in church, and I felt the spirit testify that where he was going to go will be prepared just for him, and he is going to be very successful in San Nicolas! He has helped me soo much as a person and I know that we were definitely meant to be comps for a lot of reasons, but specifically for this family that we baptized :) It was amazing to be able to complete the goal that we put as a companionship :) the good thing about being a zone leader is that you always see the other zone leaders haha so it won't be too bad I guess. He leaves tuesday and I'm gonna see him wednesday haha in leadership council :)

Today we are going to play futbol with the other zone!! My other area in pergamino is going to change also. Elder Quiroz my other comp is going to be leaving to go to rosario for his last transfers in the mission and elder souza is going to stay so I'm excited about this!! 

I'm really excited about the work, and chance that I have to stay in my area and try to achieve the will of God even more in the mission :) God's will is everything!!! It's not easy always to follow it, but it is always worth it :) 
I love you all soo much!! And am Praying for you everyday!!

Have a great week!! 

Love always, 

Elder Hubbard

XOXO

Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans