Week 48 transfer & new companion Elder Killpack

Hi family!! Thanks for all your letters and love! :)

This past week was soo awesome, and lots of changes happened!!
We just had transfers again and I got transferred... the first time
that I've been transferred after just 6 weeks... I left my one area in
pergamino to go to another area in pergamino like 15 minutes away haha
because the mission split all of the zones in half again, and so I am
now in a new area called centenario with my new comp named elder
Killpack! he's from Idaho, and yesterday I made the conection that he
is the cousin of Tate Stringam's brother in law Josh Killpack haha the
world is small huh? Wow what a shock this transfer... but it's been a
good two days so far :) We are both new to this area and so we have to
go and learn it like my last one... without anyone who knows anyone...
it's kinda stressful, but It's okay because now my zone is a little
bit smaller and more manageable :) Elder Killpack has been in the
mission for about 8 months or so, and is a very obedient missionary ,
I'm grateful for that, and his willingness to work hard :) he's a big
guy also... he's probably 6'3 ish and husky! I'm not scared of anyone
in the street anymore haha Yesterday we looked in our area book for
someone to visit and we found the name Anìbal and so we went and
found him, taught him, and extended a baptismal date to him :) He
accepted and will be baptised in three weeks from now :)

Leaving my last area was a little sad because we were just starting to
get the hang of things as a trio... and we had 3 people in the chapel
watching conference with us this last weekend, and recently one of our
investigators will be baptised!!!! :) She is 73!!!! named Irma :)
But anyway I felt like the lord needed me to be in a different place,
and so that's why I got changed... but it's all good!! I'm super
excited about the ward that I'm gonna be in! They have a full
functioning ward council that is willing to help the missionaries!!
which is a very large blessing in our work right now:) This past
conference when The prophet announced the temples and one was gonna be
in Salta Argentina, a lot of people were a little disappointed that it
wasn't going to be in Rosario... but That's what happenes when the
work moves slower without the help of helpful members haha but the
majority were super pumped about a new temple in Salta so that was
good!!

I learned soooo much in Conference and One of the amazing things was
that President Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God... And I know
because the spirit Told me as soon as I stood up and raised my right
hand... The spirit Told me that it was true and that this man was
calledof God :) I felt the love of him, and his profetic council's.
All the talks were amazing as usual, but I was very touched by talk of
our presiding bishop Caussè, and also Elder Bednar on meekness :) It's
something that I have been trying to learn slowly throughout the
mission, and recently I had been studying the topic before the
conference, and his talk gave me lots of other revelation for the
mission :)

I love the Idea of ministering!!!!!!!!!!! I felt the spirit testify of
it's divinity and necessity as Elder Holland so frankly and lovingly
gave the talk (What a Prophet!!!), as well as the sister... They were
absolutely great!!! As a missionary conference is different, I was
super grateful that I could  listen in english this time :) And listen
to the voice of a prophet of God! The work of the lord is advancing
and we are not far off from the second coming of our lord and savior
Jesus Christ!

During these talks a bunch of names popped into my head from my past
of people that I had ministered to, or should have ministered
better... (Blaire Passey) our old neighbor... Dad.  if he is still in
the hospital in front of our house, could you go and talk to him for
me, and tell him that I thought about him? And tell him that God loves
him :)

I know that like Elder Uchtdorf counceled, we need to ¨behold the man¨
and that We need to live as Celestial mormons, and not terestral
mormons... ( the thought came to my head that there are alot of
us/them...) A lot of people are going to church  in the world but
aren't participating in the sacrament for the remission of their sins,
but instead as a routine... We need to go to Gethsemane everyday, and
then every sunday we will be able to renew our baptismal covenants
worthily and with more power!

I really felt the spirit when President Nelson called upon the living
and the dead to come unto christ... I felt the need to go and do
family history work, (Something that never interested me thus far...
but after the mission it will!!) What are we gonna do with our one
last day? and how are we going to minister with the love of the savior
to those that surround us?

This week we have council of leaders in Rosario so today we are going
to have to buy our bus tickets... but I am soooo pumped to receive the
vision of President Allred that he received from God :) And then
transmit it to our elderes y hermanas in the zone of pergamino :)

I'm sorry there isn't any pictures... We woke up this morning at 5:30
and watched as the sun rose into its place:) Our apartment is on the
6th floor of an apartment building in downtown pergamino :) It was soo
awesome, and totally worth the sacrifice of waking up an hour earlier
:) I got a pictures of it, but the computer that I'm on is super old
haha...

I want to let you all know that I love you :) You're in my prayers.
Have a great week and remember to always remember our Savior Jesus Christ :)

Mosiah 14
Isaiah   53

HaPpY HaPpY EASTER!!!!!

Love,

Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans