Week 43 Pergamino

Hola mi familia :) 

Wow This week flew right on by haha I turned 11 months in the mission... But everything is going great:)

So I'm currently serving in this little city called pergamino which is in the province of Buenos Aires. It's about an hour and a half from the giant city of 11 million people roughly hahah 
This City reminds me of home even more than Roldan did. This city is completely surrounded in fields of corn and other interesting farms and ranches. I thought it was cool because here one of there most common plant to farm here is Soy... Who knew? 

Being a zone leader is a lot of work... are second day in the city we had to rent a truck to go to another city like an hour away to drop two beds to two sister missionaries haha it was a very long adventure, because we had to ask around in all the districts to see if they had any extras and then go get them haha and then drive all the way out in the middle of nowhere to drop off these beds :) haha I'm learning that these  callings are just a lot of more work than they are anything else haha I'm learning very quickly how to organize my time better... I took a lot of pictures of the trip to this other town called Salto, but Today the computer won't accept my camera... But anyways This week we were soo blessed in sooo may ways!

We worked super hard this week and tried our best to get started teaching and programming people for baptism and so we decided to invite every person that we talked to to be baptized!! And it actually worked :) I felt a little like elder Calhoon in the best two years inviting everyone to be baptized... but we actually received a lot of good results!!! We tried to talk to as many people as we could, starting with zero investigators at the start of the week, we worked super hard and talked to everyone, and to end the week, we found and taught 15 new investigators, and committed 13 of them to be baptized!!! And so we are looking at how we are going to manage our time in a day to teach all of them and help them come to church on sunday :) 

That's one miracle that we saw as a trio this week :) 

When I first heard that we would be together as a trio, I was a little nervous... Still am. But I'm learning that it is actually more efficient to find and teach people! Because while me and one comp are talking to someone the other can leave and contact someone else, and then we can go over and contact someone else when we are finished, or in other words, we can basically contact 3 people at a time instead of just 1 haha it's awesome really!! Sometimes people won't let us in their house because there is three of us... but this week we weren't rejected many times :) It felt really good!! 

The mission calls this city "Tierra Santa" Because it is truly the field that is white and already to harvest :) We are seeing and experiencing this every single day :) The other day we held the baptism of a lady that is like 60 years old who was taught by one of the last elders that were here in this area :) I had the chance to teach her before her baptism :) Her name is sandra!!

Lots of good experiences this week!! I don't have a lot of time...But I want you all to know that I love you guys :) I'm glad that you are all doing well :) Thank you for all your letters!!!

Love,

Elder Hubbard

XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans