Week 36 Roldan~still DL & training Elder Fields

on the roof of the apartment watching fireworks

Hola mi familia :)

The weeks in the mission are passing pretty fast... 2 more transfers and I'll have completed a year... pretty scary haha 

The work is moving along just like it always will, except I have noticed and learned that with the changes in the church and the way they are going to do classes now that the work needs to be advanced, and a lot faster than it is going! We all need to take a part in helping and working alongside our leaders in edifying and constructing the kingdom of God on Earth in preparing for the second coming :) Good stuff!! Really Good stuff!!

This past week was transfers, and I am still in Roldan :) Gratefully!!  and also Elder Fields will be staying with me for his second half of training, so that is good!! I'm excited to work with him some more and to see his progress in the mission field!

This past week went by super fast and we had a good week!! We had splits with the zone leaders, and this time I was with Elder Garcia in roldan, WE found 4 new investigators in one day which was amazing!! It doesn't really happen that often... Sometimes I feel like I'm serving in a european latino country/Mission... The work here is super difficult... but seeing the people that really are looking for something to change their lives and are ready to live the gospel make up for the hard times!! I think every mission is different
and every single one is difficult in some way, but the mission is very satisfying when we forget ourselves and go to work, like President Hinckley's dad told him on his mission. 

We are seeing miracles... sometimes miracles don't always mean baptisms, but miracles in our own progression sometimes are what it's all about.

I'm learning a lot about the gospel, alot about myself, and am preparing myself for my future everyday that I serve!! I am learning that the mission is obedience training for the rest of our lives, Sister Nelson Told us that when we were in the MTC in Buenos Aires, I now have a testimony of that!! Everything that we go through during this life is for our good!! in the end of things anyways :) Everything is a test, and everything bad or good is for our eternal benefit!! I've also learned the difference between tests and temptations. God gives us tests to see if we will obey because of Love, and the temptations come from Enemy... God loves us, and never will abandon us, but sometimes it's us that abandon him.

We need to be on god's team 100% of the time, and there is no grey area.

I'm looking forward to this new year to try and consecrate myself even more, and as much as I can. I would like to invite you all to do the same :) To set goals and to try and get to know your savior again, and again and each time more and more than the last!

I love all you guys soo much!! and it really is a sacrifice being away from your guys for two years, but I know that my Lord and Redeemer Jesus Christ lives and that this is his will, work, and glory, and that we all have a part to play in hastening the work of salvation. Of Saving souls. 

Everyday is a battle, and we need to be winning in every moment. because in every moment and experience there is going to be opposition and we need to be firm in our testimonies founded upon our Rock Jesus Christ, and we will not fall when the winds and tempests rage against us!!

I'm gaining a new apreciation for the hymn Rock of ages :) 
He is my Rock. That protects and saves, I love my lord and savior!! He is my everything, and will deliver me from times of trouble.

 He's what carry's me everyday as a missionary, and I can't ever forget his sacrifice for me and all of you! I cannot and will not. 

I don't know what to say to all of you except that I am soo grateful for having been born into the family that I was and that I know that if we help one another stay on the path upon which lies the iron rod which leads to the tree of life, we will one day live eternally , and achieve the exaltation :)

I'm excited to start a new transfer and renew my resolve to help hasten this glorious work of saving souls!! 

Keep being strong, and never give in!!
Our Savior will carry you with love and compassion!

In the words of Josh Groban... "Don't give up.. you are loved" 

Have a great week and keep being sooo awesome!! Thanks for all the pictures and letters!! They really made my day :)

With love,

Elder Hubbard

XOXOX 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans