Week 29 Roldan, Argentina





Dear family,

This week flew by for me haha Sooo much happened with alot of experiences!! like always!!

I wish the computer was working today because I have a lot of fotos for you guys... but anyways!!

This week were were preparing everyday for our program in the church called "capilla abierta" (open chapel) Its where we open the doors of the church and anyone who wants to can come in and the missionaries will be there to answer all the questions, and the leaders of all the organizations also!

last saturday we had the activity! It was super fun, and spiritual, and I learned alot haha 

the doors were opened at 5 in the afternoon, and in the morning all the missionaries in our zone came and helped proselyte in our areas, to bring the maximum people possible to the church to learn about it and to take the tour. 

I was with Elder Yañez again haha my favorite chileano (de chile) 
We were tasked with staying in the park all morning with a table and banners to answer questions and to invite every single person to the activity. I felt like a jehovas witness to be honest haha I didn't really like the technique, but it worked... lots of people came and talked to us, and when they stopped coming to talk to us, we went out into the park and talked to every single person haha no one escaped haha 

we were really tired by noon, because of all the running after people, and the dogs that were chasing us haha but anyways we talked to probably 200 people in the morning alone :) 

We had lunch and then studied during the hours of the siesta because no body was going to be awake to invite them, and when we clap their doors during this hour, they get angry haha and so we studied for a bit and then after the siesta we left again to invite people to the church later in the day!!!

By 4:30 I figured we'd talked to hundreds and hundres of people haha to invite them to the church for a 15 minute tour. 

At 4:50 Elder gutierrez and I dressed in all white started to get everything ready for the program, and for the baptism that we were going to have!! 
We had the tour, and had a live baptism for the people to see and to investigate haha it was super cool, as we watched this father baptize his son that we had reactivated back into the church!! It's amazing the spirit that one feels when a family is completed :) I thought of how the family history work that we do, and how we are completing families, but missionary work is the same, just with those that are living, and still have the chance to do their own ordinances :) It was amazing!!! 

In spite of the fact that we invited probably close to a thousand people... One person showed up :) That wasn't a member...

And I could see the dissapointment on the faces of my companion and few other people, and I told my comp. " Esta bien elder, sed de buen animo porque El señor sabe el valor que tiene la alma de este persona, y por eso necesitamos ser felices, porque, por la menos una persona mas va a saber la verdad...:)" This one person that showed up is going to be baptized in a month or so!!!!!!! He is really prepared, and it was a tender mercy for all of us :) 

It was an amazing spiritual experience, and a testimony builder for me!! 

A funny story during the baptismal service: Haha the family that we reactivated into the church is a family super funny haha like there isnt another that compares haha anyways...

During the talk about baptism and the holy ghost, that the grandma was giving, the mother of the boy that got baptized started to laugh, she was sitting in the first row of chairs haha  I dont know why she was laughing, but in response the grandma who was up on the pulpit stopped her talk and said to the mother haha "cállate la boca!!" ( "Shut your Mouth") hahah I almost died laughing but I restrained myself because I was also sitting in one of the rows close to the front, because I was in charge of the music haha  

But luckily no fists were thrown between the mother and the grandma haha And everyone felt the spirit!!!... You are all probably wondering how this is possible, if something like this happened haha 

Well, The spirit testified to everyone there, once the father and his son were in the water... and once the baptism was finsihed everyone had a smile on their face and were talking about the program, and everything turned out really good!!! And this family that is now completed, is going to the temple next month!!

We had lots of experiences this week, but this was by far the best :) 

This gospel is soooooo true!! I have no doubt!! I want everyone to know it too!! It brings the true joy, to everyone who lives it correctly!! 

I love this gospel and each one of you!! I pray for you all, all the time!! and I know that God is a loving heavenly father, and that he answers all prayers!!

I hope you all have an amazing week!!! 

XOXO 

-Elder Hubbard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans