Week 5 in Rosario






Dear mother,  I love you :)

It sounds like life is still moving haha That`s awesome!! Thank you for giving me an update on Tate, he wrote me a letter last week and I responded  back! He`ll make it :) 
I`m glad Karlyn is well, I haven`t had the time to email her yet but I will sometime :) time management is crazy...
And about the bank haha it has to be a visa debit card with a 4 digit pin to work down here I guess... Thank you for trying to work it out :)

Dad said that it was hot the other day!! 31  degrees!! Que Loco!! haha it`s the first of June! it`s shouldn`t be that warm yet!  That`s good though for the garden and stuff! :) I can`t believe i`m saying this, but I kinda miss the garden haha but actually. Garden`s are so important, when I get home... when I get home I am going to take the garden more seriously than I have before. One thing that is different here in Argentina is that the people don`t really eat vegetables... haha I`m getting  a little Gordito (chunky) No for the majority, people here do not eat very well unfortunately and as an elder we don`t have the privilege of making our own healthy food all the time, because we always eat with members. Don`t get me wrong the food tastes really good! but it is in no way shape or form healthy at times haha There is alot of gorditos down here (chunkies) but they are good people. 

All of that said there is people who are self sufficient and try and eat healthy. Yesterday we experienced this with a Peruvian family who we visit sometimes haha We got there and he told us to come into the backyard and so we did. and he had a small garden with corn and beans and stuff and an orange tree haha it was cool! He also had a bunch of  chickens haha he grabbed one and him and his 10 year old son killed it and cleaned it right in front of us haha it was very efficient actually. The had it ready to cook in less than 20 minutes, it was impressive to say the least. I  wish I had my camera so I could`ve took a picture or video but I don`t take my camera with me unless it`s P-day because it`ll get stolen out of my hands haha We didn`t have time to eat the chicken with the family, but he made us some "choclo" to snack on while we taught their family a lesson about the evangelio de Jesuchristo. Choclo is like huge peices of Corn, that is fried in Oil and salt. It`s a Peruvian thing I guess, it`s super good! They are a super nice family! They aren`t members yet, but one day :) It was super cute haha while the dad was cutting the chicken up and stuff   he took the feet, heart, liver, intestines, and the head and put them into a pot, and while he was doing this his 5 year old son named Matteos was saying "no no no papa oh povrecito pollo, mi no quiero comer eso" (Oh the poor chicken, I don`t want to eat him...) It was super cute and funny haha he kinda reminded me of jameson when he was little, because he kept touching the chicken and the feet and the feathers and stuff haha kinda how Jameson always wanted to touch the fish when we went fishing :) 
We taught a bunch of lessons this week to our investigators, and we had some really good lessons, but our investigators are very special and need alot of attention and help, at times this is frustrating honestly. and sometimes it`s just because they are lazy. i am trying to Love them when they are like this, but it is a challenge for me at times. I have decided to start studying the attribute of christ that is Charity. 

I had my first Zone conference on Wednesday with Presidente y Hermana  Zanni. This was my first and last zone conference with them because they are terminating su misiones in Julio. They are sooo full of love and guidance for their missioneros and could feel of that love as i was there. Hermana Zanni talked to us about the need to love the people that we teach, and to develop the attribute of charity in order to be successful with these people. She showed the one video about charity, where it`s the Chinese guy helping a bunch of people every single day and there isn`t any words it`s just showing him serving, I really love that video, because I think it depicts the attribute perfectly. 

We are hoping to have a baptism this week! With God s help and with our work and that of the spirit it`ll happen :) 

We also had   2 new investigators in the chapel yesterday, which was super good! They said that they enjoyed the fast and testimony meeting. During the meeting there was 10 minutes left, and here like anywhere in the world people take their sweet time at the pulpit haha so I got the feeling to go and bear my testimony, and so I just stood up and started walking haha i was surprised with myself honestly, but I couldn`t turn back. 

I got to the pulpit and I could see everyone`s eyes on me. I could read their thoughts haha "what is he gonna say?" "He doesn`t even know spanish..." haha " and oh my He`s actually gonna do it haha" 
Everyone was very attentive. I started my testimony by saying " Yo no se a monton de castellano... Pero Yo se eso cosas es verdera, y la cosas de mi corazone oi" (I don`t know your language very well yet... but these these are the things that I know to be true and that are in my heart this day)  I bore testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, and the love that the Savior has for each of us. I told them that their ward and area was special and I would do all i could to further the work here. I bore testimony about the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith, The Atonment and The gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I felt the spirit very strong as I testified of the Atonement of our  Savior Jesus Christ, and I started to feel tears, but I kept talking, and then closed in the name of Jesus Christ!

Our investigators were crying when I went back to sit with them... It was a very special experience for me :) 

I know god works through us, and through the Holy Spirit.

I`m soooo happy to hear of everyone`s trials and triumphs back at home! you are all the best family in the world and I feel your prayers and spirit`s even 14,000 KM`s away.

Jared: Happy Birthday Bro!! I love you Man! You have always been an example for me, and I`m so grateful that you served a mission, because it influenced me for good, and for my mission. As you and Lys are about to start expanding your family, i want you to know that you are going to be an amazing Father to My Niece!!! And Lys The perfect mother for My Niece!!! I love you guys soooo Much!! And i can`t wait for Pics of SMEEP :) Love you guys :) 

Jameson and Jarom: You guys are amazing haha keep being good boys and helping around the house, and Scoring goals ;) I love you guys soooooo much :)

Jianna: thanks for sending me a letter every week and keeping me up to date on everything in your life! this time in your life is one of decisions. tough ones, and some other ones that are a little easier! But our decisions and actions are what makes us who we are, and I`m glad that your decisions are bringing you happiness and joy! Because you deserve those things in your life :) Love you :)

Janae: I love you Nazie :) Thank you for being an example to me for my whole life and being a positive encouragement to me to serve a mission! you to have influenced me for good my whole life! You are a rock to those around you now and especially for me when I was home! God loves you so much and loves the work that you are doing in the YSA ward and in the lives of those who you serve :) Love you :)

Mom and Dad: you guys are the reason that our wonderful family is the way that it is! without you guys we wouldn`t be here. I glad That I have Parents who love me, the culture here is different in regards to families... it`s made me appreciate you guys sooooo much. Families here are very broken... and they don`t treat each other well at all... the amount of abuse and unkindness  here  breaks my heart at times. But for the people here it`s just another day... You two are just such examples to me, and have always been there for me whenever I`ve needed you, Thank you! You both have the spirit of god radiating from you all the time. You guys are spiritual giants in my life, two of my best friends, and the best parents an elder down in Argentina could ask for :) I love you guys with all of my heart <3 <3


All the best and all of MY LOVE <3

-Elder Hubbard-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 35 New Years Roldan

Week 91

Week 88 Flight Plans